I am a persuasive communicator with a proven track record in journalism, public relations, managing staff performance, financial expectations, strategic planning and demonstrating strong organisational skills.
My skills were honed working at some of the country’s leading publications, including as Deputy Chief Reporter at the Herald on Sunday and New Zealand Woman’s Weekly Deputy News Editor. As New Idea Lifestyle Editor, I edited the 30 page lifestyle section, weekly columnists and fashion and beauty editors.
Deciding to diversify, I left journalism to venture into the communications industry. Firstly, working at a division of Counties Manukau District Health Board, the Middlemore Foundation for Health Innovation, as a Public Relations Manager. During this time I managed PR projects, social media platforms, external and internal communications and marketing strategies. I also worked with the fundraising team on event management in association with SKYCITY, the New Zealand Breakers, the Vodafone Warriors and the Blues.
In July 2013, I ventured out on my own to combine client work with independent contracting. When a mutual media contact connected Niki Schuck and myself, a fantastic collaboration was sparked. Niki has an outstanding reputation with an impressive portfolio of clients and talent and it is a pleasure being part of the team.
What else should you know about me?
- Family and friends are extremely important to me
- I’m goal orientated and driven
- I love travelling with many adventures under my belt and a long ‘to see’ list still to come
- I believe the journey is as important as the destination
- Kayaking, yoga and walking the dog are great ways to move and relax
- Sharing fine wine and food with others is one of life’s greatest pleasures